Welcome to St. Luke’s!
We hope you’ll come and be a part of our church family. St. Luke’s is a Church in Copley that connects people to God, guides us in our love for others and equips us to meet the needs of the world. We’re glad you’re here!
When do you meet?
- We meet each Sunday at 10:00 am for worship. There we celebrate communion every Sunday, we preach the gospel, pray for the community and each other and get charged up for the week ahead with the Joy of the Lord!
- During various times of the week we encourage people to join house church gatherings, small groups, men’s and women’s groups, youth and children’s events, and we regularly offer outside speakers to come and encourage and challenge our spiritual growth.
- Our Light Teen center is open weekly.
What is your service like?
- We are a three streams ministry. By that we mean that our Sunday Worship is Lively, Encouraging and Joyful. These three streams are usually referred to as Biblical, Anglican and Spirit-filled and you will find that we love God’s word; we live within the guidance of Anglican Church traditions; and we believe in the power of the Holy Spirit and expect to experience His presence during worship on Sunday mornings.
- Each Sunday we begin with contemporary and traditional worship, scripture reading, a inspirational sermon and then a celebration of the Lord’s Supper together.
- Each week you will receive a bulletin that will assist you in knowing what is coming up next. Should there be an idea or concept that sparks your interest in the sermon, you can always go online to this website and listen to it again. Sermons and teachings are recorded and posted online each week.
What is an Anglican?
We are many people, many churches, many countries changing lives across the globe. Did you know that the Global Anglican Communion is the third largest denomination in the world? Learn more about being a part of a global Christian community that is serving around the world.
More About Anglicanism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpL6zfCZbJY
National Church Affiliation: We belong to the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA)
What about my children?
Children are a joy to us. We take joy in planting the seeds of Love, Growth, a heart to Serve and a hope for the world as the next generation grows up here at St. Luke’s.
On Sunday Mornings we offer Sunday School for Children during the first part of our Sunday services. Children begin the service with their parents and will be dismissed during the readings and sermon and they will return to join their family for communion.
For more information on our children’s programs you can click the link below.
We are currently in the process of rebuilding our youth ministry. We look forward to gathering middle school and high school students into a group where they can grow in their love of God and neighbor – becoming their authentic selves in Christ.
For more information and updates,
contact Andrew Unger.
What should I wear?
We have no dress code. Come as you are! Some people dress up but most come casual or business casual
Am I expected to give during the offering?
If you are new to us, we do not expect you to give. Please feel free to give what and when you are lead to do so.
Each week we have an offering. This collection is to support the mission and vision of the church. When you become a member of the church, we teach the principle of the Tithe, which is a 10% of the income we’ve been blessed with. No one can out-give God so we are asked to live a life of generosity and grace.
Three scriptures help speak to how we see giving:
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 – “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- Acts 2:44-45 – “All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.”
- Malachi 3:10 – “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”
I’d like to learn more about or join St Luke’s
- On the back of the seat in front of you in church is a newcomers card which has space to provide any information about yourself you would like us to know. We would love to get in touch with you to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have. You may place the card in the offering plate as it goes by or give it to the pastor by the door as you exit after the service.
- If you wish to join, There will be new member gatherings each spring and fall. When these come up, we announce the times and locations of those sessions during the service. Our newsletter will also have that information.
- You can contact us through our website here.